Determine if a value is Callable/Constructible

Caitlin Potter caitpotter88 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:03:32 UTC 2015

I think we’re on the same page that the runtime is the one doing the throwing, but that doesn’t really matter. The point is, if you can’t actually invoke the authored code, you can’t really call the authored code “call-able”. To the VM, the difference doesn’t matter a whole lot, but to human beings, it does. It’s disingenuous to call it “call-able” if the authored code can’t be “called”. (A proxy trap doesn’t really make it “callable” either, it just allows different code to be “called” in its place).

It could still be identified as a “function” for compat with ES5, but the behaviour is different from any other sort of function, it should be identifiable as different.