Determine if a value is Callable/Constructible

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Mon Mar 30 07:49:32 UTC 2015

> On Mar 30, 2015, at 8:09 AM, Yehuda Katz <wycats at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think this is an accurate representation of the discussion we had.

It’s my characterization of the situation and reflects my position. I agreed to disabling calling class constructors via a throw in order to get the consensus necessary to move forward with finishing ES6.  However, I also think that that restriction was technically unnecessarily and crippling for some use cases.  I know you have some, as yet not fully specified, alternative in mind. I don’t know its details so I can’t directly comment on it. But,  I’m skeptical that of the need for anything other than new.target and I’m pretty sure that any alternative will be move complex and take longer to get into implementations.

Allen