Promises vs Streams

Boopathi Rajaa legend.raju at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 12:14:33 UTC 2015

I feel this must have already been discussed but couldn't find any
discussion threads, just trying to understand them better.

The basic doubt is that I feel promises are more like streams, and that
streams are much more powerful than promises. With a promise you have a
value or an exception, and with a stream, you have a list of values or an
exception.

Why do we have both ? or more specifically, since we have both, when to use
Promises and when to use Streams ? Whatever I imagine to be a Promise can
be thought out to be solved by Streams, and sometimes whenever I use
streams, it feels like I'm using similar API as Promises.

- Boopathi