Supporting feature tests directly

Kyle Simpson getify at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 20:28:13 UTC 2015

Has there been any consideration or discussion for direct support of feature tests for ES7+ features/syntax? I'm thinking specifically of things which are difficult or impossible to just simply test for, like via the existence of some identifier.

I have an idea of what that could look like, and am happy to discuss further here if appropriate. But I was just checking to see if there's any prior art around related specifically to JS to consider before I do?