Export * as name from "source"

caridy caridy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 02:49:13 UTC 2015

right, there were a couple of export declaration cases that we missed for ES2015. From the top of my head, I remember `export default from “module”;` which we plan to get on the fast lane for ES2016, ideally they will be spec’d (and in stage 2) by the time vendors start implementing modules :)

as for the one you mentioned, we can discuss it for sure, but at first glance it sounds be very confusing, thinking about:

export * as foo from “foo”; // export a namespace
export * from “foo”;            // export a batch

As today, we don’t have bindings to a module instance, that’s something new :)

the question here is, how much sugar are we willing to pile up?

/caridy