Understanding static semantics

raul mihaila raul.mihaila at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 11:46:21 UTC 2015

Do sentences like "it's a syntax error if the LexicallyDeclaredNames of
StatementList contains any duplicate entries" (section 15.1.1) refer to the
result of applying the LexicallyDeclaredNames rule for a production
alternative in which StatementList is the left-hand side nonterminal? If
this is correct, then looking at LexicallyDeclaredNames for StatementList
at some point we get to apply LexicallyDeclaredNames for Statement: "1. If
Statement is Statement : LabelledStatement , return LexicallyDeclaredNames
of Statement." (section 13.1.5). But I couldn't find a definition for
LexicallyDeclaredNames where Statement is the lhs nonterminal. So in
section 13.1.5 shouldn't it say "If Statement is Statement :
LabelledStatement , return LexicallyDeclaredNames of LabelledStatement"?

Thank you.