How to fix the `class` keyword

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:00:31 UTC 2015

As someone who has fifty or sixty thousand lines of code using the new
class syntax, I find this hard to understand. When I run into cases that
aren't suited for the new class syntax, the solution is easy: *I don't use
it*.  If one tool isn't fit for the job, pick up another!  After all, no
one is proposing we *remove* the old prototypal stuff.

The class syntax solves one set of problems.  The more flexible prototypal
stuff solves another, and from my own experience they work pretty well
together.

Joe