Function "name" property

Leon Arnott leonarnott at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 01:17:06 PST 2015

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 3:28 AM, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen at wirfs-brock.com>
wrote:

> If you want both a TCP-able from and a local (most closely enclosing
> callable thing) form then the later should also presumably also be
> applicable at the top level of functions.
>
> The 'in'  meta property prefix in combination with the 'function'  prefix
> could do that job:

One thing I feel about meta-properties is that they really should have some
connection to the keyword's normal meaning, as is true of new.target. "in"
currently exclusively refers to inherited property access, both as an
operator and as a for-in keyword, and repurposing it to mean "invocation"
when there's a meta-property attached is, well, not something I'd be proud
of explaining. (Unless you took a leaf from del.icio.us and called it
`in.vocation.count` :P)