Will any new features be tied to constructors?

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 16:41:42 UTC 2015

> The design is basically that the browser first creates a "normal"
> element, and at a later point changes the prototype and invokes the
> callback.

Changes the prototype dynamically?  We're generally moving away from such
shenanigans.

That would indeed interact poorly with some of the designs for private
state that we've been entertaining.  In such a scheme private state "slots"
are allocated when the object is created.  But in your use case you
wouldn't know what slots to allocate until after you've created the
object.  And then it's too late.

Kevin