When macros will get in, will the core get slimmed in favour of macro-definitions?

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at google.com
Mon Jun 29 16:44:35 UTC 2015

I doubt this will be possible in a backwards compatible manner. With ES6,
we missed the opportunity to take more of a desugaring approach for new
features. As a consequence, there now is a fair amount of micro variation
between seemingly related features that is only describable in terms of
lower-level spec language.

/Andreas