Will any new features be tied to constructors?

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Sat Jun 27 00:21:19 UTC 2015

For custom elements in DOM there's a proposal to have the constructor
be controlled by the user agent and have some kind of callback that
actually initiates the element. This has some advantage in that it
allows the script to load lazily while the parser continues running.

However, if the user agent always invokes the constructor, would that
exclude us from new features? E.g. I could imagine private data
properties to be an allocation affair of sorts.

(Note: I'm not personally pushing this design, I'm just exploring the
consequences.)

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/