Move es-discuss to discuss.webplatform.org?

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Tue Jun 23 20:49:46 UTC 2015

> On Jun 23, 2015, at 1:24 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org> wrote:
>
> Jonathan Kingston wrote:
>> > (I don't think any such es-discuss
>> replacement should be on webplatform.org <http://webplatform.org/>, FWIW -- that crosses the W3C
>> and Ecma streams.)
>>
>> Is that such an issue? I was thinking the larger exposure and closer working would be a bigger benefit than the mail management options.
>
> Different standard bodies, different IPR and other rules, different histories. That's enough for me to want a separate Discourse instance.
>
> Maybe it could be hosted on esdiscuss.org.

Or perhaps ecaa could host.

A concern is the long term survivability of the archives.  I’m fairly confident that https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss <https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss> will be around for a long time.  I’m less confident about  about esdiscuss.org <http://esdiscuss.org/> or es-discourse.com <http://es-discourse.com/>

Allen