Move es-discuss to discuss.webplatform.org?

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Tue Jun 23 20:26:33 UTC 2015

Axel Rauschmayer wrote:
> My biggest concern is that you can’t be selective in your consumption
> of es-discuss: It’s all or nothing (even if you only want to
> participate occasionally). The volume is daunting, esp. with a mobile
> device.

Long ago we had USENET and NNTP to help avoid having to read messages
filed into folders. Mozilla ran bi-directional mail/news gateways. It
sounds like Discourse can gateway to mail. Can it gateway from mail?

In any case, your point is good. We can't just read esdiscuss.org, even
though it tries to support editing and replying _in situ_ (IIRC). It has
a few bugs where its nice abstractions leak messy email details.