Pick operator

Claude Pache claude.pache at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 12:16:33 UTC 2015

> Le 20 juin 2015 à 06:30, Bob Myers <rtm at gol.com> a écrit :
>
> In the spirit of the discussion about language complexity and extensibility, consider the following brain-addled, pre-strawman proposal for a new pick operator.
>
> http://rtm.github.io/boberator.html <http://rtm.github.io/boberator.html>

I'm just wondering whether reversing the order of the object and their keys is a good choice. Contrary to destructuring assignment, there is no need to put a target at the left hand side of an assignment operator.

```js
	o.{ p, q: r }   // { p: o.p, r: o.q }
```

Incidentally, it could help to keep strict left-to-right evaluation order (which is an issue for destructuring assignment, IIRC).

—Claude