Move es-discuss to discuss.webplatform.org?

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Tue Jun 23 00:46:26 UTC 2015

> On Jun 22, 2015, at 12:51 PM, C. Scott Ananian <ecmascript at cscott.net> wrote:
>
> It's not too surprising: it's the same reason why the ES6 spec was just published *on paper*, with the html version being explicitly flagged as non-normative.

Actually the above is not correct.  Both the HTML and PDF renderings are generated from the same normative source document.  Both rendering are considered normative by  Ecma International.

What the HtML version <http://ecma-international.org/ecma-262/6.0/>  says is:

"The PDF version is the definitive specification. Any discrepancies between this HTML rendering and the PDF rendering are unintentional."

That text is there be make it clear how disputes should be resolved in anybody thinks the two rendering disagree on any point. They don’, but just in case somebody wants to start a fight we have predetermined the outcome.

Allen