Move es-discuss to discuss.webplatform.org?

Russell Leggett russell.leggett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 19:22:20 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 5:21 PM, // ravi <ravi-lists at g8o.net> wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2015, at 5:12 PM, C. Scott Ananian <ecmascript at cscott.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > No, thank you.​
> > Email clients are the ultimate forum aggregators.
>

> +1 on “No, thank you". Email works, email has are full-featured clients,
> do not force browser use, etc, etc.

I have to admit, I find this attitude somewhat ironic. The standards group
for a major component of the browser avoiding browsers. I understand trying
to avoid the replication of email. These days, there are a lot of
communication platforms that don't interoperate, and so it may seem like
email is still a universal client, and therefore who needs anything else -
but seriously, are you all so cynical that the additional value gained
means nothing? As long as discourse supports email notifications/responses,
then I don't really see the compelling reason not to make the switch. The
advantages of switching are numerous: better search, easier participations,
easier organization/categorization of threads, better formatting/code
highlighting, etc.

- Russ