Aliased object destructuring assignments?

Salehen Rahman salehen.rahman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 00:50:39 UTC 2015

I know that `import` allows us to alias imports, like so:

```javascript
import { f as foo } from 'f';
```

But what about object destructuring assignments?

```javascript
var { f as foo } = someObject; // Syntax error on Babel
```

Either Babel is very late in the game, or the above syntax is actually not
supported in ECMAScript.

It would be really beneficial to support aliasing for object destructuring.

I find it would make sense since array destructuring assignments allow us
to assign values to arbitrary variable names.