Unbound arrow functions?

Isiah Meadows impinball at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 16:12:43 UTC 2015

There already exists a syntax for lexically bound functions, but couldn't
there be an unbound counterpart? I am aware I brought this up before, but
I'm still missing it with smaller methods that still need `this`. It's easy
to macro, but it feels weird to have a lexically bound lambda and not an
unbound equivalent to the anonymous function expression.

<aside class="biased">
Also, it's the only reason CoffeeScript still seems attractive in any way.
I know I'm a little opinionated in this area, but I'd rather use ES 2015 to
CoffeeScript any day.
</aside>