Pick operator

Claude Pache claude.pache at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 09:57:10 UTC 2015

The first issue (in chronological order) with that proposal is the lack of motivation. What is the problem that the proposal is trying to solve?

And since we are speaking of explosion of language complexity: It is good to try to solve the problem with existing syntax, in order to judge if the addition is worthwhile. But since we don't even know what the problem is, we can't even try.

(I understand that my remarks are not what the original message asked for. But I think it is important to underline that there are fundamental question that must arise before "Is it implementable (in sweet.js or whatever)?")

In the document it is said: "It also provides an elegant solution to the so-called existential operator problem." What is the problem and the solution? A concrete example would help. (Personally I’m particularly confused with that statement, because in situations where I want the existential operator, I certainly don’t want to invert the order of the key and the object.)

—Claude