RegExp.escape()

Jordan Harband ljharb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 18:30:41 UTC 2015

Would it help subclassing to have the list of syntax characters/code points
be on a well-known-symbol property? Like
`RegExp.prototype[@@syntaxCharacters] =
Object.freeze('^$\\.*+?()[]{}|'.split(''));` or something? Then @exec could
reference that, and similarly `RegExp.escape` and RegExpSubclass.escape`
could reference it as well?