Example of real world usage of function bind syntax

Matthew Robb matthewwrobb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 15:43:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Sebastian McKenzie <sebmck at gmail.com>
wrote:

> then you’ve already committed a sin.

​I guess my point is that I think it's a GOOD thing that developers are
taking the risk to try these features out in production and rather than
focusing on a way to better discourage such usage it may be better in the
long run to find a way to make it less risky.

The reality is that even though a feature is not in spec and even if it's
eventually dropped for consideration the transpiler is still going to work
because it's target is ES5. I think if a team decides they want to use an
experimental feature that it SHOULD NOT be discouraged but made clear that
support may eventually land on them and/or the maintainer of the plugin for
said feature or a plugin that can be used to assist in removal of the
feature if the need arises.​

- Matthew Robb