Example of real world usage of function bind syntax

Domenic Denicola d at domenic.me
Thu Jun 11 15:28:07 UTC 2015

From: es-discuss [mailto:es-discuss-bounces at mozilla.org] On Behalf Of Matthew Robb

> ​​I would be significantly less excited about it if this happens. The ability to pass around "lightly" bound references to methods is a big deal imo and a large part of the value in this proposal.

Definitely agree. Being able to do `foo.map(::this.bar)` is really great, and even `const extracted = ::foo.bar` is nothing to sneeze at.

I know there's a thread on the issue tracker where a few vocal voices are complaining that they want partial application syntax and bikeshedding on various operator forms related to that, but I don't think that should discourage the excellent benefits that you're giving to everyone but those few.