PerformPromiseAll

C. Scott Ananian ecmascript at cscott.net
Tue Jun 9 16:29:02 UTC 2015

Mark: The `prfun` library in fact uses `Promise#timeout(n)` instead of a
`TimeoutPromise` subclass.  But this is really a language-design question.
You might as well ask why we have `WeakMap()` as a constructor instead of
using `Map#weak()` or `weakmapify(map)`.  The fundamental reason is "so you
can name (and thus test) the type of the object".

But this is really a question for the smalltalk folks.  All I know is from
googling "smalltalk species", for example:
http://computer-programming-forum.com/3-smalltalk/fbb2ef6357ba0905.htm
  --scott