Ideas on type hinting and named parameters

Luke Scott luke at webconnex.com
Tue Jun 9 04:19:19 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I wanted to share some ideas with you for type hinting:

https://github.com/lukescott/es-type-hinting

I’m also putting this together for named parameters:

https://github.com/lukescott/es-named-arguments

The two are somewhat related. The type hinting doc uses white-space instead of a colon. And in the named-arguments doc a colon is used for named arguments.

I realize that there may be some strong opinions on a colon vs white-space. Using white-space instead is an attempt to be compatible with existing ES syntax (POJO uses colon already), while allowing for other new features, such as named parameters.

Looking for feedback and any interest on any of the above.

Luke