Actual WeakSet Use Cases

Benjamin Gruenaum benjamingr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:11:42 UTC 2015

So umm... not to be annoying but I've been digging through esdiscuss and
various blog posts online. I couldn't really find any use case for WeakSet
(plenty of threads about naming things :P).

Most material about it online fails to distinguish it from what one would
use a regular Set for. All the use cases I know for `WeakSet` for tagging
objects aren't really relevant in JS (for example - in shared memory
threading scenarios).

Can someone show me a convincing actual use case for WeakSet that can't
better be solved without it?

Thanks, and sorry,
Benjamin