classes and enumerability

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 17:23:01 PST 2015

I didn't mean to disrespect anybody work here, I am just personally a bit
tired of TC39 decisions that, after being already made and widely discussed
in the same thread, are complained/disregarded regardless everyone agreed
already on an official meeting.

I am not TC39 and not even close to WHATWG and didn't know there was an
effort to make `new HTMLDivElement` and all other constructors possible,
but I am also one that created the widely adoptable/backward compatible
polyfill for Custom Elements specifications and its
`document.registerElement` and haven't seen anything even close to that
"extendability" from the DOM world in JS published these years so ... yeah,
I might have misunderstood that having better classes in JS was seen as a
bad thing from WebIDL prospective and, accordingly, I've (over)reacted as
developer that does things daily to live and cannot work behind a "we are
trying to align" future promise: I kinda need things to be the right way
today or ASAP, and I'd be surely happy if tomorrow these will be even
better!

Do we agree this class decision was a good one? Perfect, then let's move on
to another thread and discuss how things could be better from "both worlds"
point of view in the future.

Best Regards