classes and enumerability

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Fri Jan 30 10:00:37 PST 2015

Please drop the crappy "us" vs. "them" talk. If you read this thread,
and others on esdiscuss.org, you can see "TC39" did not "keep ignoring
feedback". Yeesh!

We (TC39 includes web developers, W3C TAG members, WHATWG members and
cofounders, all well-connected to others working with and on WebIDL)
chose to align class prototype method enumerability with ECMA-262 core
language built-in method enumerability and clearly-voiced developer
expectations, against the old DOM enumerable-method norm, with the
intention to bend WebIDL default that way where possible and provide
decorator-based or better opt-out in the future.

It's not the end of the world that we live with further differences that
have long stood between core language and browser method enumerability.
What would be worse in our judgment: enumerability by default.

/be