JavaScript 2015?

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Thu Jan 22 16:02:17 PST 2015

"Harmony" refers to the whole post-ES4 consensus-based arc of specs from
ES5 (neé 3.1) onward into the future, until "done" ;-). See

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2008-August/006837.html

ECMAScript Harmony never referred to a specific edition of ECMA-262, nor
could it. The "Harmony" name is used in nearby sub-fields of programming
languages and software, e.g., the open source Java libraries developed
under Apache auspices.

FWIW, ES6 is a known thing, in view of sites such as

http://kangax.github.io/compat-table/es6/

(which goes to "7" ;-).

Still, we can probably educate people and spread the word that ES6 =
ECMAScript 2015, ES7 = ECMAScript 2016, etc. All under the "Harmony"
umbrella, I trust.

/be