Sharing a JavaScript implementation across realms

Gary Guo nbdd0121 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 20:26:59 PST 2015

I don't think there is any difference in self-hosting JavaScript or JS-engine in C++. For example, use the example case `Array.prototype.map`, in C++, we could code a native function and create a corresponding object for each realm (note that the only shared part is the native function). In JS-based JS engine, we can create multiple objects sharing the same [[Call]] internal slot - exactly same as it is in C++ implementations.