Legitimate uses of IIFEs?

Fabrício Matté ultcombo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 23:21:27 UTC 2015

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 8:39 PM, Bergi <a.d.bergi at web.de> wrote:

> I've never heard of an "Arrow function expression" - it's just "arrow
> function" :-)

It is true that the current spec. always refers to the production as
"ArrowFunction". Though, there are threads proposing Arrow Function
Definitions and Arrow Function Method Definitions, so I thought adding
"Expression" would be more future-proof. But indeed, there is currently no
such thing as Arrow Function Expression, so this may be more confusing than
not.

I think it would always be clear from the context anyway.

Having to scan through the context to figure out the meaning of a term adds
unnecessary cognitive overhead, and even then it is ambiguous in some
contexts.

/fm