Legitimate uses of IIFEs?

bread at mailed.me.uk bread at mailed.me.uk
Sun Dec 20 19:32:22 UTC 2015

You're quite right, which demonstrates the lack of necessity for a top-level await (FYI, I find the inconsistency irritating but understandable), so I still maintain this is not a _required_ use for an IIAFE - there is no reason to create an async function to invoke another async function; one can simply invoke it, and if the result/completion is required, use it's ,then() member....but there's no need/advantage to wrapping such an invocation in an IIAFE, right?