Propose simpler string constant

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 23:15:41 UTC 2015

Since I had no answer in the other thread, I'll try here too ( and then
drop every hope somebody will answer :-) )

Copy-pasting myself:

... is interoperability between PL and different environments a concern at
all?

I think having unique identifiers like Symbols is a better solution too but
right yesterday I've made a PR to convert V8 Enum type to GObject enums
using its integer value [1] 'cause that's how it also work the other way
round [2].

How would a JS Symbol as enumerable be represented in Emscripten generated
code or how could Int32 enum based PL transpile their enums to JS?

Maybe I am overlooking at this and it's not a real issue?

Regards

[1]
https://github.com/WebReflection/gnode/commit/56c5801866452c1e4973ed0c42f80dcda9d3d8c6
[2]