Propose simpler string constant

Brendan Eich brendan.eich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 19:49:00 UTC 2015

What's wanted is `enum { APPLE, ORANGE, GRAPE }` instead.

Turns out `enum` was one of four Java-ish future reserved words that IE
actually reserved from the ancient days. So we could use it. Some
half-formed talk of using it to define categorical sum types, and even
value types -- i.e., allowing constructors for the parts of sum, and other
operations a la methods.

/be