Backward running version look-behinds

Domenic Denicola d at domenic.me
Fri Dec 11 16:41:59 UTC 2015

From: es-discuss [mailto:es-discuss-bounces at mozilla.org] On Behalf Of Yang Guo

> - We have a spec draft: http://claudepache.github.io/ecma262/#sec-pattern, http://claudepache.github.io/ecma262/#sec-pattern
> - We have champions: Gorkem Yakin, Nozomu Katō and Brian Terlson

Hmm, but none of the champions are writing the spec? Probably just want to add Claude to the champion list.

> Can we move this to stage 2?

I agree this looks stage 2 worthy. However, the committee has so far exhibited the unfortunate dysfunction of being unable to move things between stages except during face to face meetings.

At this point I would personally suggest the following. Unofficially, consider this to be stage 2; your obligations seem met, even if the committee hasn't had time to convene in meatspeace and bless your work. Now, start looking at what's required for stage 3: being sure the spec text is complete; finding designated reviewers and getting them to sign off; and getting Brian, the editor, to sign off on the spec text. If you can get those additional things together in time for the January meeting, you should be able to use that meeting to jump from stage 1 to stage 3.