Are ES6 modules in browsers going to get loaded level-by-level?

James Burke jrburke at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 05:35:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org> wrote:

> Your lament poses a question that answers itself: in time, ES6 will be
> the base level, not ES3 or ES5. Then, the loader can be nativized.
> Complaining about this now seems churlish. :-|

So let's stay on this specific point: bundling will still be done even with
ES modules and a loader that would natively understand ES modules in
unbundled form. Hopefully the rest of my previous message gave enough data
as to why.

If not natively supported in ES, it would be great to get a pointer to the
officially blessed transform of an ES module body to something that can be
bundled. Something that preserves the behaviors of the mutable slots, and
allows using the module meta.

James