Are ES6 modules in browsers going to get loaded level-by-level?

John Barton johnjbarton at google.com
Thu Apr 23 23:55:53 UTC 2015

Sorry, but what I read was not an explanation but rather a hope that HTTP/2
would magically solve this problem.  I'm all for HTTP/2 solving this. But
so far I've not heard or read anything to back up the idea.

Will HTTP/2 make multiple round trips, one for each level of the dependency
tree, competitive with pre-bundling? If not, then we will have to send
dependency info to the client or cache info to the server or bundle. Or
there is some magic as yet unexplained?

jjb