stack-unlike behaviour of the execution context stack

a.d.bergi at web.de a.d.bergi at web.de
Mon Apr 20 15:55:36 UTC 2015

Hello!
In <http://people.mozilla.org/~jorendorff/es6-draft.html#sec-execution-contexts>, a paragraph reads:

| Transition of the running execution context status among execution
| contexts usually occurs in stack-like last-in/first-out manner.
| However, some ECMAScript features require non-LIFO transitions of the
| running execution context.

I wonder what this means?
My first guess was that this refers to generators, whose contexts enter and leave the stack multiple times at will (in contrast to a normal context that enters only once and is destroyed after being suspended), but I found that generator contexts are pushed to and popped from the stack as everything else.

On closer inspection, I found that the spec sometimes uses the term "remove" and sometimes "pop" when suspending an execution context, but I can't imagine a case where this did not refer to the topmost context on the stack.
Can you give me an example? Did I miss something?

Thanks,
 Bergi