Putting `global` reference in specs

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 23:36:56 UTC 2015

Sure workers too, but it doesn't in server side and it doesn't mean
anything meaningful for all developers coming from other languages. `self`
is a misleading word and in ES6 specs we have mentioned global object and
never a single word for the `self` keyword, or its meaning.

`global` does not need that kind of explanation you put down for historical
purpose, `global` is well known meaning for everyone in JS world, including
members in this ML that would refer to the global scope, and the global
object, regardless they mean sometimes `realm` ... or isn't it?