Putting `global` reference in specs

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Fri Apr 17 18:51:24 UTC 2015

Just for historians who might not know, when I did ur-JS in 1995, I made
multiple names for the global, in part because event handlers (which
prefigured nested functions in general, and added with-like DOM object
scoping -- a regret); but also in part because <a target="_self"> was a
thing in Netscape 2.

/be