Are ES6 modules in browsers going to get loaded level-by-level?

John Barton johnjbarton at google.com
Fri Apr 17 14:15:28 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 11:16 PM, medikoo <medikoo+mozilla.org at medikoo.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for clarifications,
>
> Still after reading your comments I have a feeling that providing ES6
> modules to browsers (efficient way) will be much more cumbersome and tricky
> than it is to provide CJS ones now.

There is no technological reason to have such a feeling. The design of the
ES6 module system makes creating bundles much easier and with much less
chance of error. All of the imports can be computed from a given root
module without relying on the developer build a list or organizing the
bundle inputs into folders.  This is not true for CJS.

jjb