Could we make %ArrayPrototype%'s [[DefineOwnProperty]] throw or no-op for numeric keys?

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at google.com
Thu Apr 16 07:46:04 UTC 2015

As long as we have mutable __proto__ in the language that is not going to
help. And even then, you'd have to restrict the whole prototype chain,
including Object.prototype.

AFAICT, the only working solution is to change the behaviour of [[Get]] on
arrays, such that they do not consider inherited numeric properties -- like
typed arrays, or what we propose for strong mode arrays.

/Andreas