Number.prototype not being an instance breaks the web, too

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Mon Apr 13 15:37:55 UTC 2015

On Apr 13, 2015, at 8:26 AM, Mark S. Miller wrote:

> Allen, process-wise, is this too late for ES6? If there's any way this fix can go in ES6, it should. Otherwise, it should become the first member of ES6 errata.

yes, no

I have to submit the final version for distribution to the GA today and I'm not gong to make any rash changes in this area.

Note there are other approaches to "fixing" this moo tools issue.

For example, Number.prototype.valueOf,  instead of throwing if its `this` value does not have a [[NumberData]] internal slot could perform the default valueOf behavior.

Allen