Object.entries in 2015

Leon Arnott leonarnott at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 05:08:15 UTC 2015

Revisiting discussion
[here](https://github.com/rwaldron/tc39-notes/blob/c61f48cea5f2339a1ec65ca89827c8cff170779b/es6/2014-04/apr-9.md#51-objectentries-objectvalues),
[here](https://esdiscuss.org/topic/es6-iteration-over-object-values)
and [there](https://esdiscuss.org/topic/object-entries-object-values),
I'm wondering what the status of Object.entries and Object.values is.
Specifically:

 * Has a strawman Gist been made for them yet?
 * Is there any desire to make matching Reflect.ownEntries or
Reflect.ownValues methods (that also provide non-enumerable and/or
symbol-keyed entries) as counterparts? (Is there consensus on whether
Reflect is "allowed" to have methods that aren't Proxy trap methods or
exposures of essential internal methods?)
 * Related to the primary use-case of Object.entries (obtaining
key/value pairs), has anyone yet proposed a Map.from method which
takes plain objects, as a shorthand for `new Map(Object.entries(obj))`
? (I'm still not sure whether Array.from was intended to set a
precedent for future `from` methods, or meant solely as ES5 migration
sugar).