the Great Tooling Revolution

Domenic Denicola d at domenic.me
Wed Apr 8 19:22:59 UTC 2015

From: Allen Wirfs-Brock [mailto:allen at wirfs-brock.com]

> However, that is a lot of infrastructure work and I don’t think we should let it to get in the way of shipping our first yearly update.

Thanks for pointing this out. I agree that we may be over-optimistic in thinking the new tooling will be completely production-ready in a year, and if it indeed falls short of that mark we should not let that be a blocker. I'm hopeful we can in fact accomplish it all in a year, but, Hofstadter's Law etc.

> There is already a bugs.ecmascript.org  “product” for ES7 and it is open to community issues.  We should certainly try moving towards GitHub issues for individual post ES7 feature proposals and it that works out well perhaps we can migrate the the ES7 bugs.ecmascript.org issues to github issues.

Sounds like a plan!