Existential Operator / Null Propagation Operator

Caitlin Potter caitpotter88 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:35:27 UTC 2015

>>* Did you keep backward compatibility? `x?.1:y` must continue to work.
*>

>​This is why I suggested a leading operator (`?a.?b()`) because it seems
>like it would have the least potential for conflict with existing valid
>syntax​

What about something like

MemberExpression[?Yield]  ? . IdentifierName
MemberExpression[?Yield]  ? *[* Expression[In, ?Yield] ]

Context specific to MemberExpressions, as far as I'm aware there's no
otherwise valid ternary expression that could be mixed up for it, and
it wouldn't need a cover grammar?