Array.prototype.find - Proposal for (breaking) change of API

Ron Buckton Ron.Buckton at microsoft.com
Tue Apr 7 20:56:35 UTC 2015

Even more off-topic, I’m sure, but with http://github.com/rbuckton/queryjs (a query library over iterables) and ES6 you can do:

```
import { Query } from './query';
let files = ["main.md", "backup.md"];
let base = "/my/root";
let found = Query
  .from(files)
  .map(file => path.resolve(base, file))
  .filter(file => fs.existsSync(file))
  .first();
```

Ron

From: es-discuss [mailto:es-discuss-bounces at mozilla.org] On Behalf Of Andrea Giammarchi
Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 1:40 PM
To: Alexander Jones
Cc: Martin Heidegger; es-discuss at mozilla.org
Subject: Re: Array.prototype.find - Proposal for (breaking) change of API

not sure if off topic but

  * you need a with statement to use lodash like that
  * ... the following ...

```
let found = first(filter(
  map(files, _ => path.resolve(base, _)),
  fs.existsSync
));
```

is a very wasteful pattern ... have you ever heard of `some` ?

```
let found;
some(files, _ => fs.existsSync(found = path.resolve(base, _)) || (found = '') || false);
```

It could bring few alchemies in ;-)