Existential Operator / Null Propagation Operator

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 19:19:12 UTC 2015

> If we can come to an agreement on the existential operator for member
> expressions, we would also be setting a precedent for other features
> of the same family. For example, existential call expressions: `fn?()`
> which would conditionally invoke `fn`.

In the meeting notes you linked to, Waldemar (WH) noted that some of these
variations may have grammar issues.

Although not strictly ambiguous with conditional expressions, `fn ? ()`
would require the use of YACG (yet another cover grammar).

Also, what about computed property names?  For example:  `obj ?
[Symbol.iterator]`.  I'm not sure that even YACG will help here.

(Thanks for compiling the list of previous threads BTW).