dynamic synchronous import

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Sun Sep 28 07:40:33 PDT 2014

I'm confused. We went from bundled, synchronous modules to asynchronous
modules... Why exactly?

And what about the offline case where modules are loaded from disk or are
even complied into an archive file (for fast seek times on rotating disks)?
Are those use cases not important to TC39?

Does the loader API handle all resources? Can I load other assets like
images with it? Can I have one simple preloader for my game which says
map_3 depends on these assets/modules/level scripts, and have ES6 take care
of the rest?