Idea for Strawman: separate the core standard library itself into modules

Tab Atkins Jr. jackalmage at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 09:08:51 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 9:04 AM, Domenic Denicola
<domenic at domenicdenicola.com> wrote:
> From: es-discuss [mailto:es-discuss-bounces at mozilla.org] On Behalf Of Isiah Meadows
>> I know this would break a lot of backwards compatibility completely, so this is purely hypothetical, and I expect this to not have a realistic chance anytime soon.
>
> Anything that breaks backward compatibility will not have a chance, realistic or otherwise, *ever*.

To square this with Matthew's response, the original idea was to
*also* expose the core functionality as modules, to give you the
ability to grab "clean" versions of any standard functions you wanted,
while the preexisting global versions would still be there.

~TJ