Idea for Strawman: separate the core standard library itself into modules

Isiah Meadows impinball at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 04:53:00 PDT 2014

I know this will never happen until at least ES9 (and this is highly
optimistic) because of compat issues, but I was thinking: would separating
the core standard library into modules be a good idea?

I have a repo containing my idea in a little more detail here (
https://github.com/impinball/harmony-stdlib).

I also have more than one idea as to how it could be, and I'm very open to
suggestions and feedback.

I know this would break a lot of backwards compatibility completely, so
this is purely hypothetical, and I expect this to not have a realistic
chance anytime soon.

--
Isiah Meadows